Tuesday, March 9, 2010

OLD DRAWINGS. CHAPTER TWO, ANSWERS

OLD DRAWINGS. CHAPTER TWO. BACK STORY, THEN ANSWERS

The painting below was never used for anything....

Below: Earache Records', Thrashing Like a Maniac, a new school thrash compilation. It's not great but not bad considering that I taught myself how to use PhotoShop as I worked on it. Some jerk from Terrorizer Magazine called it, "just crap", that stung a bit....






Above: demo art for Fatal, Born to Thrash.
I really wanted to draw the little baby dick.


Above: T-shirt art for Battlemaster



Look up for: record cover for No Way Records' Compilation No Bull Shit #2


The great folks who did this comp also run a amazing record store called Vinyl Conflict located in the illustrious Oragon Hill neighboorhood. If you're in Richmond, you must visit!



At 12 o'clock you will see flier art for a Municipal Waste show. I worked so hard on this, and it still ended up awful.



Above: cover art for Cannabis Corpse's Blunted at Birth. I took a day off from work to do the inks for this one. I draw too slowly...
Above: T-shirt for Homicidal Threat. I think that they broke up before they ever printed the shirt. I also think they paid me in one dollar bills and quarters.



Above: T-shirt and Cover art for River Freshney




Above: T-shirt for Final Attack


Above: This never was used for anything...

I came up with the psudonym Inkwolf, because I was hunting for a "real job" and I didn't want the Cannibis Corpse album cover to pop up in a Google search on my name. I got the idea for the name from the movie Wild Zero. It stars the Japanese rock band Guitar Wolf, whose members are Guitar Wolf, Bass Wolf, and Drum Wolf. I figured I'd be Inkwolf.

Great story, right?....

Well, how about more art next time.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you read your blog comments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff here Will. You do most excellent monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, dude. That means a lot. I really enjoy your blog and thanks again for the Phantom of the Paradise sound track.

    ReplyDelete